Cathy Slesinger is an accomplished government relations and public policy executive with over 20 years of demonstrated success in securing positive regulatory results from national and foreign regulators. She was chosen to be a member of the US Delegation to the 2014 and 2018 ITU World Telecommunications Development Conference, 2015 World Radiocommunication Conference, and the 2010 and 2018 ITU Plenipotentiary Conferences. She was also chosen for staff support to the US State Department for the 2018 ITU Plenipotentiary Conference. In that role, she successfully supported the election of a US candidate to the ITU leadership, Doreen Bogdan Martin, the first woman elected in the institution’s 153 history.
She has served in executive public policy positions with the GSM Association, a global trade association representing more than 690 GSM mobile service providers and 145 manufacturers, Cable and Wireless, an international telecommunications company, and NYNEX/Bell Atlantic (now Verizon). She began her career at the U.S. Government Accountability Office.
Her expertise includes state, federal, and international advocacy with regulators, legislatures, and the diplomatic community as well as with international organizations such as the United Nations, the ITU and World Bank. Her areas of expertise cut across all segments of the communications industry from wireline, mobile, and internet, to web hosting and content. Her subject matter expertise is equally robust, including security, liability, privacy, broadband, public safety, market access, and economic development matters.
Other notable positions and achievements include:
- Founding Board Member of the U.S. Internet Service Provider Association
- U.S. International Telecommunications Union Association
- U.S. State Department Advisory Committee on International Communications and Information
- Board of Directors for the World Affairs Council
- Board of Directors for the Women’s Foreign Policy Group
- On the Steering Committee for the Global Information Infrastructure Commission
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Washington Center’s Asia Society
- U.S. Telecommunications Representative to the Business Industry Advisory Council of the OECD
- Oxford University, Templeton College, European Centre for Public Affairs, Executive Training
- University of Southern California Management Course for Telecommunications Executives
- Center for Strategic and International Studies, Course of International Business
Ms. Slesinger attended the American University where she received a Master of Public Administration, and received a Bachelor of Arts from Goucher College.