Fast-paced technology policy consulting firm in Arlington, Va., is seeking candidates with educational and professional backgrounds in law, journalism, government affairs, or public policy for a full-time position as part of a senior team of dedicated professionals. We provide strategic policy analysis and cutting edge research to both government and private-sector clients. Our portfolio includes domestic and international issues in wireless radio spectrum, internet governance, public safety, space and satellite regulations, legislation and related national security policy matters. Our client base includes senior-level officials who influence and shape national policy in these areas.
An ideal applicant brings intellectual curiosity, issue management expertise and excellent communications skills, with 1-3 years of relevant work experience and related academic coursework in the fields of law, journalism, engineering, public policy or international affairs. Candidates should have a demonstrated interest in technology, communications regulations, policy, and business writing ability to influence advocacy on complex policy positions. The firm is seeking a candidate who is detail-oriented, well-organized, and can meet deadlines working on individual or team projects as part of a collaborative environment. The position provides an outstanding growth opportunity for refining client management skills and developing in-depth subject matter expertise.
- Develop a range of written materials – for advocacy and information – that reflect in-depth research and analysis on policy, technology and business issues.
- Provide strategic assessments of complex regulatory and legislative developments and issue-spotting of over-the-horizon technology trends that affect policy.
- Stay current on new policy and legislative developments and apply that knowledge to help develop innovative solutions for customers.
- Lead and help shape communications efforts and outreach campaigns, including in support of critical government missions and private sector clients.
- Manage client relations and take responsibility as needed for project management.
- Ideally, knowledge of federal government agencies with spectrum-based missions, particularly with regard to military and space interests. Relevant regulatory and policy stakeholders include State, the U.S. Department of Defense, FCC, NASA, and Congress.
- Demonstrated interest in technology/communications and public policy, both domestically and internationally, including both satellite and terrestrial communications.
- US Citizen; must possess or be eligible for secret and possibly TS/SCI security clearance.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent research, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proactive and flexible, with an ability to work on multiple projects.
- Proficiency with office productivity software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Work experience in engineering, IT/high-tech, or communications is highly desirable.
- Electrical engineering background with a strong interest in policy also a plus.
careers (at) freedomtechnologiesinc.com